Monday, February 28, 2011

A Day To Be Missed


Yesterday was a very special friend's birthday. Brighton was able to call our dear friend Gracie on the phone and wish her a happy birthday. For those of you who know us, you already know our closest friends are the Meegans. When we get together our girls are the closest of friends as well. Well their little girl Gracie had her special day yesterday and Brighton has been talking all week about calling her up and saying Happy B-day. So she did. And they talked for a few minutes. And she was able to talk to their little girl Alli too. And then Clarissa and I spoke for a few minutes. And then I got off the phone. And this is what I found after the conversation ended. A super sad girl! I was surprised to see her so upset so I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I'm worried about Gracie and Alli." I prodded some more, asking why. Her response: "I'm worried we won't ever live close to them and I love them so much I want to see them all the time." At this point I about wanted to cry because I feel the same way. It's been years since we've lived close to them but whenever we're together it's just like old times. Our goal has always been to live close and one day in the future, we will be neighbors! Just know little G, that some tears were shed for you because you were missed on your special day! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

So now here I sit, looking much like Brighton.

I can't even tell you how much we miss you. I was up in the night anxious with worry about the weeks to come and thought, "If only I had Danie here, things would be so much better!" Love you guys and MISS you much!

And we WILL live close one day.

Jessica said...

that is so sweet and so sad!