Wednesday, February 02, 2011

50 can Make a Difference

In the course of the hour it took us to run in and out of Target, the weather went from beautiful skies and shorts weather to dismal, dreary and cold. So it was no surprise to us when that night it started snowing! That's right! It went from 70 degrees to 20 degrees all in less than a few hours. It only snows here like once a year and yesterday was our day. The kids woke up and begged to play outside so I suited them up and we were out the door. About 10 minutes later they were cold, wet, and ready to go back in. I guess they didn't inherit my thick Alaskan skin!
(And I just wanted to share the picture below to show the difference. This was taken less than 8 hours before the above pics were shot. Crazy how fast the weather changes!)

2 comments:

Annie Hatch said...

K. The weather there is crazy! I have to say that I don't feel too bad for ya though! Shorts, and drawing on the sidewalk with chalk? Jealous. The Bean Museum and Provo Towne Center Mall are definitely getting old. Can't wait for some warmer temps here!

Anonymous said...

How crazy that it could change that fast! Although I have to say, 20 degrees actually sounds warm these days. That's almost t-shirt worthy weather in Montana. Enjoy that dusting of snow ;) hahahaha!