Thursday, February 24, 2011

Evie



This is ridiculously overdue, but I realized that after I came home from AK in the summer, I hadn't posted anything about Evelyn. Evelyn is one of my best friends from high school and will probably stay at that status forever. We were inseparable and even though we lived like 30 miles away from each other, we somehow managed to spend every weekend together either making music videos or ding dong ditching every guy we knew. I would be remiss if I didn't include Vanessa in the mix. The 3 of us were always always always together. We were seriously the 3 musketeers. But Vanessa's post will come soon enough. Anyway, this summer Evelyn got married and I was heartbroken that I wasn't able to make it to the temple to see her. Her and Vanessa were both waiting outside the temple on my special day so it was really hard to miss Evelyn's big day. Anyway, she now lives in a small town about 5 hours away from our hometowns so it was difficult to try and see her but she made every effort and we were able to hang out 2 times when we were in AK. We were able to meet her new hubby and catch up on life. It was so nice. I was actually able to go to her little sister's wedding and be in the temple with her which made up a little for missing her own wedding. Well, I was just thinking of her quite a bit lately and really missed her. We have seen a lot of different chapters in each others lives. There have been bad haircuts, silly boys, missions, weddings, tears, laughs, and through it all we have remained the closest of friends. I can only hope to be half a friend to her that she has been to me all these years. I love you Evie! And Happy Belated Birthday!


No comments: