Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Nanners


So the other day I wrote about one of my closest friends Evelyn. I mentioned our 3rd musketeer named Vanessa. Vanessa got married today. Maybe that's why I've been nostalgic lately. Life changes. People change. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad for the past and all the good memories but happy for the future and the mems that could be created. Well, the beginning of the mems for Vanessa and I was at an EFY in 9th grade. We were in the same group and hit it off instantly. Then came stake girls' camp and I met Evelyn. After that, there was no stopping the 3 of us. Anyway, after they graduated from high school (they were a grade behind me in school), Vanessa joined me at BYU-Idaho and we became roommates. We had so many crazy good times. We joined the cross country team together (neither of us had ever run before), we made music videos together, we studied for hours at the library together, and I even came home from my first date with Kyle and told her that I thought he might be the one. She has been there for a lot of big moments in my life and I was sad that I couldn't make it to her wedding (does this post sound familiar? I felt the same with Evelyn.). I wanted to say congratulations to her and hope her day was amazing.
Anyway, the nostalgia was in high gear when I was looking through all my pictures and honestly, it was harder to find pics of just Vanessa and I or Evelyn and I because we never did anything without all 3 of us. So I had to post some pictures of us that I found and loved. It brought back SO many mems. Music videos (tons and tons), youth conferences, school dances, hiking, spring break trips, and professional pictures (embarrassingly enough, my idea) just to name a few of those mems. I really miss and love these girls!

No comments: