Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Year... New Me


So every year I make a few New Year's Resolutions but I never write them down so they get tossed to the way side. This year I thought I'd post them for all to see so I would be held a little more accountable. Here is what I came up with:

1. Post more on my blog (2-3 times a week)!
2. Bake Homemade bread every week
3. Run 2 half marathons
4. Study the scriptures (not read them...study them)
5. Play more with my kids
6. Be a more loving wife
7. Keep a cleaner house
8. Back off the sweets
9. Attend the temple monthly
10. Simplify my life

Now I know that sounds kind of ironic having all these other goals to keep me busy and make my life a little more chaotic than it needs to be when the last goal cancels everything else out but this past year has made me realize that I can fill my life up with crazy meaningless things to do or I can find the priorities and important things in my life and work on perfecting those. One of the talks at the October General Conference given by President Uchtdorf entitled Of Things That Matter Most changed me and made me become fully aware that if we work on the things that matter to us, we'll become happier in our lives. Read it. It's an amazing talk. Who knows how long I'll be able to keep up with these goals because one way or another, I tend to fall short of things, but I do know that as long as I've set these priorities in place, my life will be guided in the direction I want it to go. I hope you all have your resolutions ready and are pumped to take on a new year because I know I am!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Beautiful picture of you and awesome resolutions!!!