Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jake & Janalyn Hope to Adopt


For some time I have had this button on my sidebar but never really explained myself for doing so. When Kyle and I were first married, we went to a married student ward at BYU-Idaho. I have to say it was the closest to Zion I've ever been. We made amazing friends there, we felt the spirit in all that we did there, and we were privileged enough to rub shoulders with some awe-inspiring church leaders. One of the amazing friends we met which I guess could be considered an awe-inspiring leader as well was Janalyn. Janalyn and Jake Owens. Janalyn was my relief society president and we were good friends. She would come to my pilates class with a smile on her face and make anyone around her feel like a million bucks. She was always looking for ways to serve others and when she bore her testimony it always brought tears to my eyes. She is so in love with her amazing husband as well, who is the nicest and sweetest cowboy you'll ever meet. Why am I ranting and raving about this ridiculously cool couple? Because they have had infertility struggles in the past and were finally blessed with a daughter but now want to expand their little trio and adopt. I seriously can't even begin to express how amazing they are and how deserving they are of receiving a beautiful little bundle of joy. Anyway, I just wanted to get the word out for their sake and tell everyone I know to look on their adoption blog and spread the word. Go meet them here! They're great!

1 comment:

Janalyn and Jacob Owens said...

You are way cool! And I know exactly what you mean about that ward. It will always be my favorite. Thank you for sharing this. You just never know how we will meet a birth mom!