Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day- Seward Style









For the 4th of July, we went down to Seward to partake of the festivities there! In Alaska, Seward is the place to be on the 4th. It's definitely a tourist town so we were able to walk around the shops and see some fun stuff. Also, on the 4th there's what is called the Mt. Marathon race. It's a 5k race up Mt. Marathon which is this super steep mountain and if you can imagine they race up it! It's outta control! They get filthy and pretty bloody running up it and practically rolling down it! Anyway, we saw the women's start and the picture of the lone racer above is actually Kikkan Randall who is a first-placed Olympic skier! She's an amazing athlete! It was cool to see her! And there was even a mini- marathon race for the little kids which I thought was so cute I had to get a pic! Also we were able to go down to the docks and look at all the boats. Brighton loved looking at all the water. Oh and did I mention we went camping? Well, for those of you who aren't the biggest of fans of camping, I don't blame you! Having a little tyke in the picture definitely changes the scenario quite a bit! Brighton thought it was a sleepover and she did NOT go to bed! She was loving her life and going crazy! It was probably the worst night sleep I've had since Brighton was born! Well, it was an eventful and tiring 2 days but we had a ton of fun and we made some lasting mems!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm jealous! You guys have so much fun. I have to say my favorite picture is the one with Kikkan Randall because of the shorter girl on the left with a pink jacket on. She's making such a funny face! I imagine her thinking, "Why am I clapping? I don't even know this girl!" Then there's a guy with a video camera wearing a Texas sweater! Woo hoo! He was representing the 'original' largest state! ;)

Paul and I are going camping this summer in Idaho with his family and I'm worried about Abby never sleeping as well! We'll see how it goes!