Sunday, January 01, 2012

P if for Primary


January is always the start of something new. New goals, new beginnings, and for some of us new stepping stones. Porter made it through one of his stepping stones today by going to primary in church for the first time! It was a monumental day. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but when we moved here, Porter regressed in Nursery and became super clingy. Normally in every other situation he is an outgoing kid, but for some reason, nursery was not doing it for him. He would not go without many tears shed and it's only been very recently that he's been doing better. With that being said, I was nervous for him and this new step. I thought we would see his weekly nursery melt-downs all over again, but that was not the case. He was a little cautious but when he saw that Brighton was in there too, he did much better. He sat down with his class and tried to put on a brave little face. I'm sure there were just a few tears during that first class, but at least he knows what to expect now. I'm still proud of the milestones that he's gone through and the many I know him and all of us as a family will go through for the 2012 year!

1 comment:

Sarah and Mike said...

cutest picrture ever!