Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve... T-Bird Style



I know I'm doing a little catch up here, but I wanted to get in everything that we did while my mom was here before the new year, so bear with me. On Christmas Eve, we went hiking up Thunderbird Mountain which was actually our first time going out there. It's a great park with a ton of hiking trails for miles and miles. It's about 5 minutes away and this was the first time! It's crazy to me how little time you feel you have to do the things you want to when you have a husband in school and 3 little kids. Anyway, we were grateful to finally make it out there and it was a gorgeous day out (On Christmas Eve?! I love AZ) so we were able to each lunch and spend the day outdoors. Porter definitely found his calling in life when we were there. He was the leader and hiked up all the treacherous terrain on his own (Kyle was close behind in case anything happened). The two boys even went off the path to climb up the steep portion of the mountain as you can see below:



Even though Porter loves the outdoors, I don't think he will grow up to be much of an environmentalist because when they got back down from the cliff, we found this sign where they had just traveled:

Anyway, it was a great Christmas Eve and I can honestly say I've never experienced such a beautiful day in the middle of winter!

No comments: