Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Day of Performances




Today Brighton had her very first tap dance recital and my parents were lucky enough to be here for it. She has been loving taking classes and finally got to show off her stuff. To be honest, I was terrified for her. Brighton can tend to be introverted when it comes to the spotlight being on her so I was super worried that she'd get out there on that big stage with all the lights and start crying or something, but that was not the case. She remembered her routine (which was All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth by Alvin and the Chipmunks and it was the cutest routine ever) little and smiled the whole time. The day before they had a dress rehearsal and we talked about stage fright and how it's normal to be a little nervous so I think that helped her panic to be subsided. Maybe it was me remembering all the times I performed when I was little that made me freak out a bit, but it all turned out great and I couldn't have been prouder. It was the first time I really felt like my little girl was not so little anymore and it made me cry. But they were happy tears. Anyway, Kyle brought her a rose at the end of the performance and she was ecstatic. We are so proud of our tiny dancer.

Then later on that night we had our ward Christmas Party and the primary was supposed to get on the stage and sing. Brighton was dressed as an angel using one of Kyle's dress shirts and it was cute. Right before she had to go up on the stage she turned to me and said, "Mom, this one is a piece of cake." so after a long day of performing, I guess the stage and her are friends.



And to top it off, Santa was there. This was the first year Brighton actually just climbed up on his lap by herself and told him what she wanted. She was such a good example that Porter wasn't scared of Santa and he followed right after her with a big smile on his face. It was the perfect end to a great day. The only bummer was that my dad left today, but I still have my mom around for a while so we are in good hands.


No comments: