Thursday, January 26, 2012

Inner Peace


We checked out Kung Fu Panda 2 at the library the other day. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or a blessing because now Porter is beyond obsessed. If he could, he would eat, sleep, and breath Kung Fu. He knows the entire movie by heart and has me fast forward the movie to specific scenes so he can act it out as the movie is playing. In the week that we had it checked out, we must have watched it at least 20 times and I am not exaggerating (Don't judge me for letting my kids watch so much TV. It was a tough baby week). I am not joking when I say obsessed. So, for anyone who hasn't seen the movie, the whole plot is that Po (the Panda) is trying to find his inner peace. He does some tai chi moves as well in order to find it. That's a very rough synopsis. Anyway, now when Porter gets mad or frustrated or is about to go into meltdown mode, we just say, "Porter, find your inner peace." And most of the time he will start doing his thai chi and chant "Inner peace. Inner peace. Inner peace." It makes me laugh every time, but it seems to be effective, thus our blessing unfolded. Thank you Po for going on your emotional conquest to find inner peace so my son could find his.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Porter is so funny!
I hope you have a better week. Little Graham is looking a lot like Brighton huh? He's a cutie!

Annie Hatch said...

Um, your kid is histerical. So wish I could see him!

Annie Hatch said...

Um, your kid is histerical. So wish I could see him!

Kate! said...

You need to let Jack Black know.