Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shakin' It Up




Every now and again I get a good idea for family night (it is a rare occasion I must admit). Last week I had one of them. I've had this recipe for easy homemade ice cream that I've been wanting to try so I thought we could make some. The kids each got a bag full of ice, vanilla, and milk and shook until their hands were numb- which took approximately 6-8 minutes, conveniently the same time it takes the milk to turn into ice cream. We even dyed their individual bags different colors. Porter had blue ice cream and Brighton had pink. They were over the moon. They ate it up so fast that they both got brain freeze but loved every minute of it. I think I'll file that idea under the go-to family nights that will always be a success. In fact, I see a repetition of the night in the summer months to come.

1 comment:

kiki comin said...

Hey Dani...I am LOVING all those shots you are taking of your baby..so fuN! you are an amazing photographer! your kids are sure cute.:)