Friday, February 17, 2012

Our Boston Statue


The purpose of this post is two-fold: First, to tell you about how obsessed with the Red Sox Porter is. Everyone who actually reads my blog knows about our inherited love for the Bosox as I've posted about it many many times. So our awesome Bostonian friends gave Porter this outfit a little while ago and the second he opened it up, he started screaming and running around the house chanting "Red Sox! Red Sox!" That was a few months ago. Since then every morning when he wakes up the first thing he asks me is if his baseball clothes are ready to wear. He sometimes says that's the only way he can be a real baseball player. On the days they are dirty (every other day), after a few fits, he mellows out and settles for something else. On the days they are clean he gives me a big hug and says "Thank you mom!" like it's the first time he's ever seen them. It's gotten to the point where I seriously have to do a special load of laundry more frequently so he can wear it 5 times a week (I am not joking on that number). Luckily, with a new baby, I never seem to run out of dirty clothes that need washing so it's not a big deal. We are ever grateful to those Meegs for sending Porter basically his entire weekly wardrobe. My dad got him his hat and today on this special day he decided to put the ensemble together to be an official Red Sox player.

The second purpose of this post is to let you know about the fun craze around here called 'statue game'. Porter's new thing is to freeze like a statue. He comes up with crazy poses and won't move until you bust up laughing or you tickle him to death. His favorite thing to do is hide behind doors in a statue pose so when you find him, you get startled and then have to laugh. He gets a scream out of you, and then a giggle. He also loves to do it when I ask him to do something and he's not listening to me, so instead of yelling at him to get it done I just have to laugh and repeat myself. He's a clever little scoundrel! Anyway, I thought I'd share a few classic poses that he is fond of (and that last one Brighton clearly helped him pose). There's nothing like an actual life-sized Red Sox statue living in your home!

No comments: