Sunday, March 18, 2012

Graham's Blessing Day


Today Graham was blessed and it was a special day. Since we live far from everyone so we didn't really have any family come but that's okay because it was nice and simple and our ward here is like our second family. Graham was a happy baby through the whole thing and Kyle gave him a sweet blessing. One of the things that stuck out to me during his blessing was when Kyle blessed him to gain a strong bond with his siblings that they may be there for each other throughout the good times and the trials in life. I know Kyle and his siblings are super close and I would love for my kids to have the same relationship with each other as Kyle does with his brothers and sisters so I thought it was special that Kyle was mindful of that and blessed him with it.
I know normally people go home and have a celebration after church but we figured we'd just stay for the rest of church since our kids were begging to go to primary. Kyle took Graham with him to sunday school and priesthood because he fell asleep in his arms. About 10 minutes before priesthood ended, he got my attention in relief society and asked for the diaper bag. I ran out only to find the mother of all explosions in the diaper of little dude. I should rephrase that… in the diaper and the pants and shirt and sweater and socks of little dude. I've never seen him have a blowout of this proportion. And of all the days to do it, his blessing day?! Really?! I thought his blessing outfit was destroyed beyond repair but thanks to Oxi-Clean and some elbow grease, it's like there was never any damage. So needless to say, I didn't get any pictures of him in his blessing outfit and this was the only picture we got of the day, but I think I'll throw it back on him and do a little photo shoot later on this week. Anyway, it was definitely a day to remember. I'm so grateful for Graham and my sweet, crazy family and today I was reminded of the enormous blessings I have here on earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you and Kyle have.
I'm glad for the technology that lets me keep up on your sweet family.


Jo :)