Saturday, November 13, 2010

Face The Race

Last Saturday we did our first family run in a while. After the marathon I was a little burnt out of running and my knee hasn't been the same since, so this was a nice little comeback. The kids were great in the jogger and it was the perfect weather (it was actually one of the coldest days of the year so far but that equals perfect running weather.). The race was called Face the Race which is actually a program at a local school here that took 28 middle-school girls and trained them to do like 10 different 5ks around the area and the 5ks are open to families. I know I haven't run in a while so I wasn't expecting much, but I was surprised/happy when we beat a good amount of those girls that trained. Obviously their training wasn't that strenuous if I could beat them.

No comments: