Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Turning Towards the Prophet


I know it's somewhat of a back track, but I just had to share what we did for General Conference that helped our family understand the importance of the weekend. In The Friend, they had helpful ideas that other families around the world did to focus on what is being said during conference and one of those things was to build a tent. For family scripture study, we had just read about King Benjamin preaching on the tower near the temple and people had set their tents up to face the temple so they could hear the prophet. Well, when I said we could build a tent/fort toward the prophet like in King Benjamin's time, the kids were up in arms. They were giddy with excitement for the weekend and when we made it, they actually listened and understood that we pay attention to the words that the church leaders speak. It was a great teaching moment and I just had to write it down. I am grateful for all the words that were spoken and I know that what the prophet and apostles speak are true. They seem to always know what I need to hear and I'm glad I could have a rejuvenated sense of the gospel to apply in my life. Yay for General Conference!

No comments: