Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Big Step


There is much to update on, which I will get to, but before I start rewinding and reflecting upon our summer excursions, I had to post about the present. Brighton has been excited for this day for quite a while now. She knew the day was here when she woke up at 6:30 in the morning, made her bed, got dressed on her own, and finally came to wake us up to go to her first day of preschool at Step-By-Step. She did go to preschool last year with some other mothers from our ward but this was the real deal. Long days, snack time, recess, certified teachers. She was ready. I had to document the elation she felt as we walked out the door for the first time. From the moment I dropped her off, to the moment I picked her up she had a perma-grin on her face. As for mom and dad, we're hanging in there. We were both able to see her off which was nice, but it's hard to see our little girl grow up so fast. She just needs to slow down!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

she is too cute!! dont you feel old? Kindergarten next year!!! It freaks me out to think about sending my little girl off to school. i just have to cherish this last year.

Sarah and Mike said...

Good job Brighton!! Preschool is so fun and you look so cute all ready to go.

Jo said...

She looks adorable! Good luck getting her to slow down on growing up. Let me know how you do it.
The up-side to growing up is that each step has it's joys.

You all look healthy and happy.
Cedar City misses you.
Well, at least the Montoyas do.

Jo :) Go Brighton!