Sunday, July 25, 2010

Where have these shoes been?

It's been a long time but these shoes have been busy running a MARATHON! That's right! On June 26th, I did it! And it's over! Thank goodness!

My friend Jenny and I went with our families to Washington to run the Rock and Roll Seattle marathon. It was challenging, exhausting, and worth it. It's something I've always wanted to do and now I can say that I've done it with a great friend. The overall experience was amazing with the bands along the way, the energy from everyone, and the beautiful trail. I loved it!

Our girls were there with matching shirts and signs to cheer us on.

We were 2 happy finishers!

And after the race we stayed in Washington for a few days to see the sights of the surrounding area. It had been a while since we had seen anything resembling mountains or forests so we just took it all in and loved it.


Brighton has been into sign language lately so it was only appropriate to say 'I love you' to the greenery. She was in love with it. We definitely have to get out of the Texas desert!
We even walked the beaches of Washington. We definitely weren't ready to take a dip in the water, but they were pretty and Kyle and Brighton got to explore the sea life there. It's just too bad she had to go to the bathroom so bad, we couldn't get a shot without her in discomfort.


And lastly, while we were in Washington, The Twilight saga: New Moon came out and Jenny and I always go out to watch those movies together (cheesy I know but we love it), so it was a perfect end to a fantastic week. And the best part is that our vacation isn't over yet! More details to follow.

4 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

I am the proudest friend ever. I tell people whenever I get the opportunity that my best friend just ran a marathon. You are the coolest.

We both need to get out of the Texas desert? Where should WE move next so we can get those houses next door to each other?

p.s. I was going to call you today just to tell you I miss you. Is it something about you being out of the state that makes me miss you more? Maybe I just feel closer when you're in Midland.

Cindy said...

you should post that picture of the 4 of you with the beautiful background on facebook...

Jo said...

Congratulations for running a marathon!
We still miss you all.
Glad to see you are all well.

Jo

The Anderson's said...

Your family is beautiful and you are a rockstar for running longer than I even like to sit in the car for :) Kyle was a missionary way back in the day in my Hometown. I am happy to see what a great family he has.