Monday, July 21, 2008

Long Zoo and Cathedral Day






Okay, so I know these posts haven't been the most entertaining, but it's basically for my benefit so I'll be able to remember our summer. Also, a little side note: This was all during the beginning of the summer, so my belly is much bigger now. I might posts pics of the largeness soon. We'll see. Anyway, so while my parents were in town, we went to the National Zoo, which was pretty fun and Brighton loved seeing all the animals. Her favorite were seeing the 'mingos' (Flamingos) as she calls them, becasue they were pink. The best part was that the zoo is free so it didn't cost us a thing! That's my bargain gene coming out for you. So after our long day of the zoo, my dad was still energized and had us walk a few more miles to see the National Cathedral which was actually pretty cool. It was amazing to see the intricacy of the building and the amazing stained glass all over. Helen Keller and Woodrow Wilson were buried there. It was interesting to see their tombs. The Cathedral kinda reminded me of the Salt Lake Temple from the outside. By the end of the day, Brighton was extremely beat, but it was worth it to see some cool stuff in a day.

3 comments:

Haley and Jon said...

Ok, I am glad to know your belly is bigger than what it is in that picture, because I got a little depressed. That is crazy that we are due the same day.

Michelle said...

The zoo was free!? What a deal! Looks like a fun day!

Kacie said...

Fun! Bran and I went last year and had no idea what that Cathedral was but we drove over and checked it out and it is amazing. I'm glad you guys are having fun and seeing the sights!!!