Saturday, July 19, 2008

Arlington and more










Continuing with our VA trip, while my parents were in town, we all decided to go to Arlington National Cemetary for Memorial Day which seemed pretty appropriate. We really enjoyed walking around and seeing the changing of the guard, the eternal flame and a lot of gravesites. It gave me a greater appreciation for our country and the people who serve for it. Also, right down the road is the Iwo Jima Statue so we took a walk and saw it. It is amazing how huge the statue is! All in all, it was a very patriotic day and we felt proud to be Americans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it works out to come. I miss you guys!

Haley and Jon said...

Dani-
I have been wondering about you forever! How are you? I am excited I found your blog, and I am adding it to my list. I am not sure how I found your blog, but I am glad I did.