Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Provo Showers



I again apologize for the posts that are so few and far between but it feels like my days go by in rapid speed and by the time I even turn the computer on, I'm too pooped to do anything but check my email and plop into bed! Okay, so updates. We went to Provo this last weekend to visit all of Kyle's family and watch Will's (Kyle's little brother) football game (which they won an Will did great!). His sister Sarah was in town and she is very pregnant and no one threw her a baby shower, so all the sisters decided to throw one! We had a great time and since a lot of Kyle's cousins are at BYU, we decided to have a coed cousin party/ baby shower. The guys were a little apprehensive at first, but it ended up being a big get together and everyone enjoyed it. I met some of Kyle's cousins for the first time too and they were great! It was a blast! Oh and I made a diaper cake as a decoration which was fun but a little harder than it needed to be! Oh well, I guess I'll learn for next time!
We ended up staying at Kyle's sister Annie's house with her husband Joe and their boy Landon who is almost a year and it was so fun because Brighton loved playing with Landon all the time. She felt so cool trying to feed him his bink and show him how to walk (He's almost there!)! It was so fun to see them interact! I can't wait until they can actually talk to each other! That'll be interesting!
Also, one last thing that was awesome was that all the sisters (Casey, Keri, Annie, Annie's friend, and I) all got to go to General Relief Society Broadcast at the Conference Center. Annie miracuously got 5 tickets to go to it and it was AMAZING! Oddly enough it started raining and snowing on the way to Salt Lake, but we were determined to get there. Just to be there in the center and to see the prophet and to feel the spirit there was out of this world! I think we decided to make it a tradition to go together because it was quite the experience! Well, there you have it. You're updated! I'll try and be better, but who knows when busy life will die down?!




2 comments:

Annie said...

Comins-okay danie you don't know me but I was really great friends with Kyle when I was in high school and before his mission. I found your blog on Kiki Comin's blog who is a good friend here in Ohio and i couldn't believe it! Anyways your family is so adorable and I can tell Kyle did very well for himself. Anyways I hope Kyle remembers me or this will seem lame. My maiden name is Phillips but it's Palmer now. So great to see your cute family. I love these blogs because I get to see people that I haven't heard from in years.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, so I got the cutest sock monkey blanket in the mail the other day...you guys are the best. It's so cute Danie. You are just quite the domestic. I miss you guys. Can't wait to see you! Thanks again for the quilt!