Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Night Time Rituals




Brighton has been loving her night time habits lately which makes life a lot nicer for us! Here is a run down of her evening....First Kyle gives her a bath which takes at least an hour as she loves to play. Then he lotions her up and puts her PJs on. But after that comes the exciting part. We get out the brushes and she squeals with delight saying "Buh! Buh" (which translated means brush). She gets one and Kyle gets one and she thinks it's so cool to brush her own hair, although she rarely touches a strand with the actuals bristles. She sometimes even tries to brush mommy and daddy's hair, always making sure to be gentle (She's a very sensitive girl). After our brushing fun is done, we say "Where are the scriptures?" and she runs for her special Book of Mormon board book and we read a story. Next we say " Say good night to Jesus." and she runs to this picture we have of him, squats down and lays a wet one on the portrait. It's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. Lastly, we say our prayers and she can actually say Amen. Then it's to bed she goes. No tears. No screaming. And it's pure relaxation for mommy and daddy until morning time. What a great little girl we have!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Um... SO CUTE!! A big fat kiss for a picture of Jesus, does it really get any cuter than that? Don't you just love bedtime?!

So we haven't talked to you guys in forever and it's SO FUN to be able to see your blog/updates! I'm never sure who's site I can leave comments on without creeping them out that I'm totally looking at their blog, so I was quite relieved to see you had our names on there-haha! Anyways, you all look great! Oh, and your chair cover- AMAZING!

MikeG Family said...

Wow...I'm impressed that your routing works out so well! I can't imagine how it would be to have my baby not fight me to go to sleep. Maybe I should follow your example and try harder to establish a routine! Danie - I loved your comment on our blog. You remind me of me! :) I'm addicted to blogging, and to checking other peoples blogs, too. I can't help it! And we would love to get together with you guys, too. My parents live in St. George, so next time we go visit, we'll definately stop by. If you guys head north between now and then, we must get together with you and Sterling and Chris. Can't wait to see you guys! Take care, and I'm sure I'll be leaving more comments just as soon as you pump out the pictures! -Tiff