Friday, October 12, 2007

The Domestic Hermit






Okay so to tell the truth, the reason I've been such a hermit and haven't even turned my computer on in days is because I have been working on a few projects and once I start something, I don't sleep or eat or basically do anything until I'm done. I realize this is probably a bad habit, but I just can't help it! So anyway, due to our lack of funds because we're still students, I've been trying my hand at sewing versus buying things such as curtains and couch covers. Last week I pumped out these curtains for Brighton's room after I found the material for a steal at Wal-Mart. They weren't too difficult so I thought I could figure out how to cover our polyester orange-made-in-the-70's chairs that we got for free. Well, to be honest it was a little tougher than I'd imagined but they turned out alright and now we can have guest over without being embarrassed that we live in a hippie house. So there you have it. By the end of the week I felt truly domestic. But I think I'll take a break from my domestic lifestyle for a little while. I've got way too many puncture wounds on my hands from all the pins I used! Oh and there's a little eye-candy of Brighton and her daddy up top to satisfy your lil B needs.!

3 comments:

Robert Lee Jefferson said...

Great job, Hon. Both projects came out really nicee. One thing though, a single pic of the chair and TWO of Lil'b would've been better. teeheehee.
Love, Dad

Jenna said...

the chairs look great! That was a very brave thing to do.... :)

Michelle said...

AMAZE-ZA-ZING!! They look great!