Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Big 1





Today was a fun-filled Sunday! Brighton actually turned 1 whole year old! I still can't believe how fast she's growing! Next thing you know she'll be dating (Eeeek! I shouldn't even talk like that!) The day started out with a good day at church, then we came home and made her cake (a watermelon slice as shown above) and decorated the house while she was napping. She didn't wake up until dinner so she had a birthday dinner (sweet potatoes and turkey in a jar) and after that she opened presents (all from grandparents and great-grandparents! Thanks guys!). Next we let her go wild with her cake and she loved it, although I think she liked the ice cream more (she's definitely her mother's child!). Finally, we went for our first ever family bike ride. For her birthday, my parents got her a bike carriage thing that attaches to our bike (I'll post pics soon) which is so great because Kyle is finally starting to show a love for the sport (that I have loved for so long) and is really excited to get out there and hit the biking trails this summer. Now we can hitch little B in the back and go! Anyway, it was a great day and we recieved many calls from family and friends wishing Brighton a happy day! Thanks again to everyone who made her day so special!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Brighton!! I can't believe she's one! And that is a GREAT cake! Very cute. Abby says, "hjl kfcccccccxcvvvvvvvvvvvvvv." Translation: "I wish I could be there to play with you."

{B}dreamy said...

Mmmmm, save me a slice of that watermelon! Yummo!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday little B! I am with Michelle....can't believe it's already been a year. Cute cake, Dani!