Monday, June 11, 2012

Sea World & Week 31

I'm still playing catch up so excuse the lateness of the post. During our break and on our way to our new home, we went to SeaWorld to reward the kids for sticking it out this past month. Life has been rough with the packing and moving and Kyle finishing school and everything coming to a close in AZ so they've been real troopers throughout and we wanted to let them know that. Anyway, these pictures are from a few weeks back. Excuse the abundance and low quality of pictures, but I was too nervous to bring my nice camera to a place covered in water. These were all taken with Kyle's phone but I still wanted to share the experience because it was a memorable one. It was amazing. The kids loved it. They were the perfect age to go (minus the breastfeeding baby but he's so easygoing I can take him anywhere). We loved it. I can't really say much else other than the fact that it was awesome. Here was our day in pictures:


They had a whole splash park/amusement ride park themed with Sesame Street that the kids loved. We went on all the rides at least once and the lines were super short. It always makes me happy when I don't have to wait for things. Blame it on my impatience inherited by my dad.


We saw all the shows. This was right after we saw the Shamu show. The 3 of these guys wanted to sit in the splash zone so they got doused pretty good by Shamu's tail while Graham and I sat at a comfortable distance and had a laugh watching them get soaked.

B right next to the tank at the Shamu Show. Obviously it was pre-show due to her dryness.


The kids loved this show! They had a little story while the animals (sea lions, sea otters, and walruses) did tricks. This was the walrus actually doing sit ups! We were amazed because he was pretty chunky. Anyway, it was cool.


This was probably our favorite show. It had a beluga whale and dolphins and parrots and trapeze artists diving in the water. It was breath-taking. Brighton did her first book report in kindergarten at the end of the year and it was on dolphins. She has become so interested in them. If for nothing else, we went to see the look on her face when she saw the dolphins. I'll never forget it. She loved it so much she almost got teary-eyed. Such a sweet girl. And the beluga was majestic. Not too many pictures though because we were too enamored with the show to pull out the phone.

Pre-dolphin and beluga watching.

They had all sorts of animals along the paths to each stadium or ride. It was fun to see the alligators and flamingoes and penguins.


Porter was being his normal cool self. I think he was rapping or singing in this one while we waited for a turn on some ride.

They had a 4-D Elmo show which was entertaining. The only reason I put this picture up was to prove that yes, Graham was actually there with us.


After a long day of watching, playing, being amused, and just loving their lives, they posed for one more shot. And they were so good the whole day that daddy broke down and bought them a dolphin and whale to remember their special day. (And little G got a sting ray cause Kyle thought it was cool.)
Anyway, we seriously had a great day and couldn't have asked for better mems.


On another note, I've been kinda slacking in the weekly pic department so here is Graham @ 31 weeks. I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone. 2 blogs posts in 1.

This is Graham. He is cute. We love him. Enough said.

1 comment:

Travis and Heather said...

All I can say is freckles!! I can't get enough of them. I love her darling little freckles. I almost cried with joy when Corbyn started getting a few. You are all so lovely. Three kiddo's kicked my rear end....and my 3rd's almost two. You are rockin it my dear. Well done!