Friday, June 22, 2012

Art Fair Friday

I have a friend who always showcases some sort of her children's artwork on her blog on a weekly basis. I have always loved this idea and in the back of my mind have wanted to do the same thing, if for nothing else, to lessen the guilt when I throw the papers away. Anyway, I figured I just need to start doing it. I can't make any promises that I'll be up to date or that it will even be weekly, but at least I can put up a few that I like this week.


This is Porter's very first family portrait. He has gotten so much more dexterous and it is showing. It makes me smile every time I look at this. He's the top right, then Brighton is holding his hand. THen there's mom on the bottom left (with my glasses) holding hand with dad and his crazy hair, and then baby in between us. I love it.


Brighton actually did this almost a year ago but I took the picture the day we moved from AZ because it was the last thing to clean out of the house. She made it for Porter and we kept it on his wall until we left. We are a big Monster Inc. family so you can clearly see that's Mike Wazowski. Porter was so happy that Brighton made it for him that he wouldn't let us take it down until the very end. For some reason this one was one of my favorite pictures she drew. Anyway, I'll try to continue to post more of their work as summer is a time for coloring and crafting at home. But if we really get bored of those things I guess we can always practice for the play Take that thing back where it came from or so help me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Save the best pics, don't throw them away! Someday they will learn how to make 'real art' and their sweet, innocent art will be gone sooner than you think.

I have framed some, especially drawings of the whole fam. They are precious.
Also, some make delightful Christmas cards.

Jo