Sunday, April 22, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballgame






























For some reason, all my saved posts got scrambled up before I could publish them so although he came a while ago, I wanted to share that my dad came to town to visit one last time before we move. One of the major reasons he came was to catch some of the MLB spring training games in March. For those of you who don't follow baseball, Phoenix has at least 6 major league teams that come to practice in our area. When I say in our area, I mean they live down the road from us and 3 of their stadiums are minutes from our house. There's the Mariners, the Padres, the Angels, and the Rangers just to name a few. He couldn't pass up the opportunity to come see it while we were still here. The only down side is that the Red Sox don't train here, they're in Florida although from these pics you'd think we were at a Boston game. Luckily, we didn't get anyone booing us while supporting our own team at an Angels and Rangers game. In fact, there were quite a few Bosox fans sporting their pride and every time we'd pass a Boston hat or shirt we'd give each other a little shout out.
Anyway it was nice having my dad come and hang with the kids and they loved every minute of hanging with G'Pops! Thanks dad for coming!

*And that top picture of Porter is what happens when he misses a nap and goes crazy…timeout in the middle of center field!

1 comment:

scott said...

I know I'm late on this, but you really ought to be going to White Sox spring training games. They're right there in Glendale. Problem solved.