Friday, April 06, 2012

Egg Hunt Overload

I'm not sure why I do this to myself but this year I went overboard and let the kids participate in 4 easter egg hunts. No kid should ever have that much candy in the house. First was a hunt with our ward playgroup. My kids were the oldest there because most people have morning kindergarten. Brighton goes in the afternoon so I thought it might be fun for us to go to since we rarely go to playgroup anymore. They clearly got spoiled because they just kept grabbing eggs and the little toddlers weren't even interested in what was going on. They got so many, they had to go around and give many of their eggs to surrounding little kids. Anyway, that was our first hunt. then came her school hunt where she loaded up on jellybeans. they invited the younger siblings as well so both Porter and Brighton were bouncing off the wall by the end of school. Next was Kyle's school Easter egg hunt. This was an amazing event. They really go all out with bounce houses, the easter bunny, food, games, and a TON of eggs. It was especially nice because they actually didn't have any candy in their eggs. They filled them with little toys and trinkets which I was relieved about. Lastly, we spent Easter with some friends from our ward and and had a little hunt in their backyard. Luckily we already had so much candy that I just filled their eggs with stuff we already had so we didn't get much more after that. Anyway, it was an easter hunt overload, and this may sound bad but I'm kind of glad it's behind us. Now if only I could get rid of all this junk without the kids freaking out!

The kids' spoils after the first hunt.


This is what Porter 's face will look like for the next week if I have all this candy in my house!


No comments: