Monday, October 24, 2011

P's First Visit to the Dentist

Today was Porter's first day at the dentist. I am probably a bad mom for waiting this long to take him but life just gets in the way you know? Anyway, I remember Brighton's first appointment and what a big deal it was and how I documented it and everything, and felt terrible when I didn't even bring the camera for Porter. Luckily, this was an amazing children's dentistry and they took your picture if it was your first time seeing the dentist and printed it out for you during your visit. They had all sorts of toys and games and a giant TV for the kids to watch while they get their teeth cleaned. I have to admit I was a little nervous for Porter because I remember B's first visit wasn't the greatest. She was so scared she barely let them open her mouth. I think they were able to use a toothbrush on her 2 front teeth before she started crying. Although Porter is a little timid at times, he's our wild card because you never know what personality you're going to get in these situations. Thankfully, he was fantastic! He stayed still while they flossed, scrubbed, and examined his teeth. He didn't even think twice. And when they were done, he was ready to stay there and play with all the toys. I was pretty proud of him and his bravery. He definitely isn't in his turtle shell as much as Brighton was at this age which makes things run a little smoother. Maybe it's the example Brighton sets for him. Either way, I was grateful we had such a great first dental appointment... and no cavities!

1 comment:

childrendentistsca said...

Children also need for their teeth to be cared for. In fact, the moment children develop their teeth, parents should think about taking their children to children's dentists to assess their teeth and also administer proper care to them.

children dentists