Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kyle + Scissors = Bad News

So on Sunday while I was talking to my sister-in-law on the phone, Kyle had this great idea to give Brighton a hair cut without letting me in on it. Having no previous experience himself in the hairstyling field, he thought he was highly qualified to do the job. Now I've really been trying to grow her hair out for a while. It's so thin and takes forever to grow, so it has been quite a feat lately as I have been able to put it up in french braids. That's why you can obviously see that when I came in to the bathroom, I was pretty upset. Kyle had chopped off a good inch and a half in the front and only an inch in the back. He made it look like we were going for a very subtle mullet. He told me he was going for an "A frame" but he obviously didn't think it through because an A frame goes the opposite way (short in the back, long it the front. So now it's kind of uneven and I have to put it up all the time, which is hard to do because it's just a little too short. I know it's not too drastic, and from the pics you're probably thinking "That's not a big deal. It was barely a trim.", but for the person who does it everyday, it's not that fun. Anyway, thanks Kyle.



The Before photos


The After shots

12 comments:

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

At least it wasn't her that decided a cut would be nice...I guess:) She is so cute and I want to squeeze those cheeks:)

Michelle said...

Oh man, I'd be LIVID if Paul cut either of our girls' hair without letting me in on it. Especially because with Abby's curls, a 1/2 inch of hair turns out to look like 2 inches were cut off! But I can tell a difference. I feel for ya. But the fact that he even knew the term "A-frame" is pretty good...until he cut it the opposite way. Then it's kinda funny!...?

Leslie said...

I love the new family pic. SO CUTE.
I'm sure you were mad, and I would be too, but I have to say that the post was pretty hilarious. Especially the last part where you said "thanks kyle".

HAHAHA

Kyle, probably go with the "not so much" do that again, ok?

Annie Hatch said...

Ya Kyle, I say leave the "girl stuff" to the girls! :)

Jessica said...

Ouch, what possessed the man?! It still looks really cute, but I understand your pain Dani!

Jessica said...

PS~ Remember when I thought your name was Dee-anne-ee?

Cindy said...

He tried and it doesn't look that bad, be prepared, she will be in the bathroom one day by herself with scissors! Then you'll remember the great job Dad did on her hair.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it's not a she-mullet. I live in Montana, so trust me, I see those everyday. It could be worse. I tried cutting Aaron's hair a while back, and let's just say, he shaved his whole head after going to work and being made fun of. Poor guy.

Lizanne said...

I can imagine your frustration, Kirsten's hair has taken so long to grow in also, she has never had a hair cut and she is 2! I think she is still darn cute in the after pictures, it looks like a cute bob. Hopefully it will start to grow fast for you :)

Johnson Family said...

Thats so funny!! You tell Kyle we've been working on her hair for awhile for you.... LOL
Totally understand where your coming from, with the we do their hair and they guys don't understand!! I've got that on this side too!

kiki comin said...

wow...he was brave.:)

Corynn said...

This post made me really laugh. Because I can totally imagine in my mind how that played out. LOL! You guys are so funny. I totally feel for you, and Kyle should be severly punished. Which I'm sure you have already handled. He probably won't hear the end of that for a loooong time. Drae has been asking about you guys. He got a Atlas from someone and wanted to know where you guys live. I told him Texas! Now he points to Africa and says there's Texas where Danni lives. Umm yeah not quite getting it yet.