Thursday, July 16, 2009

An Overdue Update



Before we left Utah, quite a few things happened all at once, all while we were trying to pack and leave, so I just wanted to update from the past Utah events. First off, we had to say goodbye to our families that lived close by so we made a quick trip up north to Provo and Pleasant Grove to visit Annie, Joe, Landon, Van, Wendy, Will, Alea, and Mel. It was good to see them all and say adios. We went to this super fun park close the Van and Wendy's house with Alea, Will, Brighton, Porter, Landon, and ANnie to have lunch and play. It was a real treat for the kids. I know Brighton is really missing hanging out with cousins and Aunts and Uncle now that we're so far and can't just hop in the car for 3 hours to see them. We miss you guys! But hopefully we'll be back soon to visit!

Secondly, right before we left, the Utah Summer Games were held and I am proud to say I participated in them! What are the Utah Summer Games you ask? Only the biggest sporting event in Utah held in Cedar City! They have every sport imaginable from ping pong, to fencing to basketball, pickeball, golf, track and field and anything else you can think of, including a 5k race and a 10k race. And the best part is that you don't have to be good at any of it! You just sign up! So I opted for the 10k and really enjoyed it! Now I haven't run a race this long since before I had Brighton and for some of you out there, a 10k might not be that big of a deal, but just getting back into the swing of things, I felt like this was a good accomplishment. It wasn't my greatest time, but I finished and that's all that matters. Anyway, now you're updated!

5 comments:

Ben and Sarah said...

Hey congrats on the 10k. I'm glad you did it! I took 3rd at summer games! It was so fun to see everyone again(all the tennis people I mean). I'm so excited for you guys. Sounds like your having a blast. We are headed out this Sat. and so freakin excited I can hardly stand it. I havent even been there and the Bishop and the ward have already contacted us and can't wait for us to get there. I'm super anxious to go to church there in our teeny tiny ward!!Well, hope to hear from you soon! hope all is well

Christian said...

Glad to have found your blog! And really glad to have found y'all happy in your new home. I like Texas, and any Southern state is a winner in my book! Brighton's dancing skills are amazing, too! So cute! And we loved watching Kyle's interview. Poor guy. Hope everything continues to go well and to hear from you!!!

Lizanne said...

Way to go on the 10K Danie! You look great in your picture! Your kids are both soooo adorable! I hope you are all doing well in TX. Let me know if you are planning on coming to AK any time this year, I miss you!

Ashleigh said...

good job on doing a 10k! I am impressed. ALso, I LOVE the new header. real cute.

Corynn said...

Oh my gosh I'm so proud of you! That's awesome. I'm trying to fit in my schedule a 5k at the end of the month, but I don't think I could hang for a 10k. That's seriously so cool! Congrats!!