Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring has not sprung




So I've been reading other people's blogs and I'm getting quite jealous that the weather seems to be warming up everywhere else but here! That brings me to my story. We live in Eagle River and there is a reason it's called Eagle River. There is one section of the town right by my old elementary school that is infested with bald eagles. They are there all the time and they sometimes fly down to the river that runs right by, thus being called Eagle River. Well, yesterday I was driving by this area and normally the eagles are high in the trees, but this time an eagle swooped low right past me and I almost hit it! It was carrying a giant salmon in it's claws and the fish seriously almost slid across the hood of my car! It was the craziest thing I had ever seen. The thing that made me a little disgruntled was that the fish was frozen! It had icicles on it! There is still 4 feet of snow in our frontyard! So you see, here in Alaska we are far from spring which makes me sad. So the next time you see a fresh blade of grass or a new flower popping up, sniff it for me!


Oh and P.S. I thought I'd share a fun pic of daddy and Lil' B. She was wearing a dress but Kyle tied it into a not in the back so she could crawl. She's definitely on the go at all times now!

1 comment:

{B}dreamy said...

Sniffing away over here, all for you!!! :)

Anyone care for a salmonsicle? Mmmm...