Monday, August 31, 2009

We Tried

So I know I've been a terrible blogger, but my life has been too busy lately to even think about the computer. But I did want to mention at least one more thing that took place when my parents were here. Kyle and I did the YMCA triathlon! We've been training since we moved here (which is only a couple months but we thought why not!)and it turned out to be kinda fun! It was definitely long and arduous but we finished and that's all that matters right? And I think that this will be the beggining of more to come. We even got my dad to semi-agree to do one with us sometime soon! So I'm sure you're dying to see our lovely spandex-clad pictures and I won't leave you holding your breath any longer! Enjoy!
This is Kyle starting the last leg of the race. It was a 500 meter swim, 13 mile bike, and he's starting the 5k run portion.
Here I am looking like a goober trying to get off my bike and get ready to run.
This was when I crossed the finished line. You can see my obvious excitement and determination to finally be done!
The happy (and exhausted) family! We did it!Kyle was pleased to be done, as evident in the picture. Daddy and Porter finally relaxing in the car. To show their support, the kids wore their triathlon shirts that I made for them. Brighton was very proud.We even had some friends from our ward do it as well. Here are Erin, Sarah, and Jaimie with us. They did an awesome job! It was a fun time and I can honestly I would do it again! I guess we'll have to wait until next year or another one comes around sooner!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok #1 - Who the heck are you!? You look AMAZING! Man, I gotta start running and doing triathalons!

#2 - Those shirts are super cute! I'm very impressed!

Johnson Family said...

Thats Awesome, Congratulations..
I can't believe with in like two months we are both living so far apart and completley diffrent lifes from good ole Cedar.

Don't think I could ever survive any sort of run, but Im proud to say I have been back on PX90 for almost 2 weeks now, thanks to you guys.
Thanks again I really appreciated you doing that

Erick and Megan said...

I am so proud of you! That is awesome, what a fun new thing to try! And here I am just eating licorice...

Keri said...

congrats! I am thoroughly impressed! and those shirts are super cute Danie you are going to have to let me in on how you made them. We sure love and miss you guys!

Jessica said...

That looks like alot of fun! I love the shirts you made!
Go team!

Tod and Kim Comin said...

Very impressive! Congratulations to both of you.