Friday, August 21, 2009

Abilene Zoo

While my parents were here we drove out to the zoo. I've never seen Brighton so excited about animals before. It was sweltering but she could not get enough of the monkeys, zebras, and giraffes. The cool thing about the Abilene zoo is that you're able to feed most of the animals and they have a bridge over the giraffe's living space so you can reach high enough to feed the animals with ease. I took a video because Brighton finally got up the courage to feed them and it's entertaining. Even though it was a fun time, it was way too hot for any of us to enjoy more than an hour of animal fun so after our faces turned red and my mom almost passed out, we headed for the car. We'll definitely have to go back in the winter time when being outside doesn't make us want to throw up! For now, enjoy the pics!The crew finally finding some shadeG'Pops and Brighton just hangin outBrighton called this guy Marty from the movie MadagascarPorter was as happy as a clam just to be outside Brighton was super stoked to feed the giraffe (Melman from Madagascar, if you will) so here's a little show of her excitement.

2 comments:

Spitfire said...

Yay! I'm glad to see some updates that all is well with you in sunny texas. What are you feeding the giraffe??

Johnson Family said...

Hey You You!! Long time, I miss you guys. Look how big your little man is getting..
Fun Fun,
I haven't updated in forever, I just got my computer running right now, so I promise to put a bunch in the next week of so.