Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Activities

So the weekend was full of Easter fun! First, we started out on Friday by painting easter eggs with Casey and Ty and Brighton had a ton of fun. She was so proud of her eggs and even made one that said "I love Daddy" (with a little help from Kyle).



Next, on Saturday, we went to the biggest easter egg hunt in the state of Utah at the library park. It was early in the morning and it had been sunny all week but unfortunately it decided to rain AND snow! We didn't dress for the weather like most other people, so Brighton was freezing and as soon as those eggs were snatched up, we were in the car. She did have a good time grabbing for eggs though.
Here's the hourd of people. It was madness. Brighton's in the bright pink hoodie and I'm in the bright green one.

This is the freezing cold Brighton holding her Halloween pumpkin full of Easter eggs.

And here's the much happier and warmer Brighton when we went inside to have some donuts for breakfast at Lin's grocery.


Then on Sunday, the Easter bunny struck and filled our home with lots of yummy candy and stickers and toys. Brighton even got cute little bunny ears so she could dress up as an easter imposter. Porter even enjoyed his links from the big furry guy.


After that, we went to church, had a nice Easter dinner with Casey and Ty, and played bocce ball. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend, celebrating our Savior's resurrection with our great family.

5 comments:

Crafty Cowgirl said...

brighten is so cute I miss her! what r u guys doing this summer?

Amy said...

Your kids are getting so grown up! I can't believe it!! So cute. Fun to see how you guys are doing!

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

Oh my, I forgot to color eggs this year! I had a feeling I was missing something very important this year and it hit me when I read your cute Easter post...coloring eggs. oh well it looks like you guys had enough fun for all of us, your fam is so cute!

Ashleigh said...

I love the picture of her at the easter egg hunt. You can tell she is cold and on the verge of tears. What a cute expression that you caught on your camera. Dont you live in southern utah? I bet what you consider cold would be warm to me... then again, you did grow up in alaska, so I take that back. I am pretty sure you know what cold is.

kiki comin said...

your kids are so cute! what a fun weekend.