Friday, October 10, 2008

A Big Surprise!

There came a big shock to us on Wednesday morning, when our little baby came to the world!



Introducing...


Porter Oakes Comin


6 lbs. 8oz. 19 inches

So here's how it went down: After I got done posting our last post on tuesday night, I was feeling a few contractions, but nothing too big and heavy. Well, I woke up at 1:00 in the morning and was feel the contractions about 10 minutes apart, but my midwife said not to even worry about them until they were 2-3 minutes apart. So I tried not to think about them. By about 5:00, Kyle decided to draw a bath for me because they say it will feel better. So when I got into the tub, Kyle went to pack our bag, just in case. All the while, I'm thinking that the contractions will stop soon and these were just Braxton Hicks. When Kyle came back into the bathroom, he looked at me and said "You're water just broke." I had no clue. All of a sudden I had this sensation to push! So Kyle went to call Casey and Ty to come watch Brighton, but by this time I was reasy to have this baby out! They came over in about 3 minutes and we were on our way to the hospital . While I was in the car, it was I could do to hold the baby in! Turns out I was crowning in the car! We got tto the nurses station, Kyle told them my water broke and I felt like I needed to push. They all started getting a little frantic and wheeled my into the room. They put me on the hospital bed, one of the nurses checked to see that I was fully dilated and when they all kind of turned around to get their gloves on, I had a contraction and Kyle yelled "She's crowning! The Baby's head is out! The body's out!" The nurses turned around and couldn't believe it! So they admitted me at 5:58 and he was born at 6:00 on the dot. For the rest of our stay we were the famous 4 minute baby because that's how long I was at the hospital total before the baby came. It was a pretty wild ride! But he is cuter than ever and couldn't wait to come into the world!








21 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh.My.Word!!!! Danie!!! That is CRAZY!!! Holy cow! I've never actually known someone who had a baby that fast!! If I remember right, didn't Brighton kind of take her time?? What a different story! And I really like the name Porter; and his little pumpkin self is so cute. Looks so much like Brighton to me.

Clarissa Meegan said...

YEAH! I still am shocked at your 2 minute birth! He is so cute and I only wish I could be there to see him! Welcome little Porter!

Clarissa Meegan said...

p.s. you don't look you could have just had a baby. You look great!

Amiee said...

WOW!!! That is just insane!! Way to go :) Congrats on your little guy Porter. He's adorable! Good luck with 2 little kiddos!

Haley and Jon said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. A little jelous (I have been having contractions every 5 minutes for the past 2 days and they say he's not coming yet), but very excited for you. You look great for just having a baby!! What a cutie!

Robert Lee Jefferson said...

Mile wide smiles in Alaska. Danielle you look fantastic. Great picture of Dad, Lil'B & Porter. All our love, Mom & Dad

codyandmeag said...

Congratulations Comin Fam!!! That is a crazy birth story sounds like the little guy just wanted to hurry up and be born:) He is a cutie too!

Stacy said...

CONGRATS!!! At least you weren't in labor long! He is adorable and you look great. We will have to try to get down that way again. Good luck with the new baby.

Lizanne said...

Congratulations Danie!! He is sooo DANG CUTE!! I'm glad you guys made it to the hospital! You look AMAZING by the way!! Brighton looks so happy to be a big sister :) Hope you are all doing well, and congrats again! What a beautiful baby!!

Kacie said...

Congrats! I am jealous that you have your baby and that it was so quick! I was telling Brandon it wasn't fair, since mine will take like 15 hours!!! He is way cute and looks like Brighton! You look so cute and his name is way cute also!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I hope your recovery is as fast as your delivery!

Sarah and Mike said...

Hurrya for a new nephew! We are so glad that you are both ok-and he is so cute! I love his little lips!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just happened to think that i should check your blog today and I am so glad that I did. Both Jake and I want to wish you Congratulations. (And a great recovery)

Leslie said...

Wow Dani, he's so cute! I LOVE the name, and I'm so happy that all went well and everyone is safe and healthy. Congratulations Comins!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

oh my gosh!!!! what a crazy story!! it's a miracle you even made it to the hospital! he is absolutely beautiful and so are you!! you SO do not look like you just had a baby! congratulations!!!

Spitfire said...

I am so amazed that (aside from crowning in the car) both of your deliveries have been so quick. You talk about it like it didn't even hurt! I hope I have genes like yours, even though I'm pretty sure I don't. Love the pics, congrats!!

Melissa B said...

I am overwhelmed with joy by reading your story. How wonderful it is to have a brand new baby. Congratulations! I guess you didn't have to wait long. I'm glad it all turned out okay. I'm hoping to see you guys when we come home in Feb. Your kids are are so gorgeous.

Jessica said...

That is AMAZING! Good thing you were so close to the hospital! Good thing Kyle has such great nursing skills and practically delivered your baby :) We are thrilled for you!

Erick and Megan said...

What a beautiful baby! I was so shocked when I got to your blog and realized I had missed it all! I can't believe you had him in like 2 minutes! I hope you are feeling good! Brighton is so adorable! I will never forget how you were in labor at graduation!

{B}dreamy said...

Oh my gosh Danie, I am so behind!!! But congratulations, you're my hero :) And he is absolutely beautiful (er, handsome)! Probably the cutest family ever. *B

uniquelynat said...

holy cow! i can't believe that. you are one tough cookie! congratulations on your sweet new baby. i was so glad to see your blog on kacie's i was wondering about how you were doing! so glad all is well!!!

congrats again!!!!
~natalie carpenter