Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ocean City

I'm hoping that this will be our last backtrack to Virginia, but who knows. I'm so scatter-brained and I have so many pics on my camera that I might just find something that we did and want to share. Can I just say that I'm grateful we have our computer back?! Anyway, one of the last weeks we were in VA, all the boys were gone, so some of us wives decided to go to the beach for the day. We went to a place called Ocean City. This was Brighton's very first beach experience and I was sad that Kyle had to miss out on it (He's obsessed with water and especially beaches) but was excited to go, seeing as I haven't been since our honeymoon. Well, it was a treat to go! Brighton loved the sand and thought she was so cool hanging out with the big girls. Here is us laying out. This was one of the first times I was able to lay on my stomach all summer because I could dig a whole in the sand for my belly to fit!


Brighton loved to get on the boogie boards and pretend to surf!



She really loved lounging on the towel just like all the other girls. I guess she's starting the whole tanning thing a little young!

This is me and Brighton with some of our friends and fellow APX wives, Megan Russell, Megan McKinley, Haley Barron, and Braxon, her little boy.
There were some people dressed up like Spongebob and Patrick Star and Brighton really wanted to meet them, but when she got close to them, she was pretty scared. You can tell if you look close at the pic. Anyway, after a long day at the beach, we walked down the boardwalk (which is where Spongebob was) and it was a lot of fun. All-in-all, it was a great day and a fun way to spend the last of our east coast trip before packing up and leaving.



7 comments:

Michelle said...

Danie you are so cute pregnant! And I LOVE that you dug a whole in the sand to lay on your stomach. I think that'd be heavenly!

Jessica said...

Cute! I was wondering how you were laying on your stomache!

Jessica said...

PS- I meant to spell stoma-che, just so you know.

Leslie said...

Dani, it looks like you had a great time there. I am from virginia and I have never been up to Ocean City. We usually go south instead. I will have to go up there sometime.

Annie Hatch said...

Hey, great idea digging a whole in the sand for the belly!!! I love the picture of you hugging Brighton on the beach. You both just look so cute!

Annie Hatch said...

P.S. I love the new look for the blog!!

Ashley Gower said...

Hey you three, and if I'm not mistaken, soon to be four! Your little girl is super cute and it looks like you guys are doing good. You should check out our blog!