Monday, September 08, 2008

A Backtrack to Utah

Since I didn't really finish sharing the extent of my first Utah trip ( back when I came to visit for some doctor's appointments), I thought I'd recap a little before I moved on to the now of our lives. First, we were able to see our best friends Clarissa and Pat and Brighton was loving hanging out with her favorite friend Gracie. She still talk about Gracie all the time and I'm sure this probably isn't the best form of parenting, but if I want Brighton to do anything (namely lay down to rinse off in the bath tub or even eat food she doesn't like) I tell her that her friend Gracie does it and she hops to whatever I ask. Gracie is definitely her hero. Here's Brighton with Alli, Gracie, and Kate (Gracie & Alli's Aunt)
They had a little run-around-in-circles party out on Grandma Jo's patio.
Also, we were able to go to 7 peaks in Provo with Casey, Annie, Landon, and her Uncle Will, which was a blast. Brighton was kind of a weenie when it came to going down the water slides, but she loved the wave pool and had a ton of fun with her Uncle Will who was a big help with the little ones. I haven't been to a water park in at least 5 years and I wish we stayed longer! It was SO fun! And surprisely, the belly didn't get in the way on the slides!
Brighton, Uncle Will, and Landon, taking a break from the water.
Casey, Annie, and I, all had a blast!

Anyway, it was actually a great trip and Brighton was such a sport with all the traveling. We really enjoyed seeing all of our friends and family and now we're grateful to be back and close enough to them again!

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

I had no idea that Gracie was such motivation for B. Hopefully little B will be like that for Allison! I loved all the pics!

Milan Maternity said...

I'm so jealous that you guys were able to get together. I'm feeling a real lack of friends since we moved to Rigby...I'm so glad you guys are back in Utah now, and Danie, you look so great! You're so small!