Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation


It seems like whenever Brighton has a big day we always plan our adventures immediately after. Last year for her preschool graduation, we were in the car an hour after it ended to get to Arizona. This year we kept with tradition and left a few hours after she graduated from Kindergarten. It made for a very emotional trip. Rightafter saying goodbye to all her friends and teacher, we had to head out for new adventures. She has been pretty strong throughout this ordeal but I think it won't hit her fully until we're in Texas and she can't call her friends for a playdate. Anyway, graduation was great and I'm so glad we stayed for it instead of leaving early. I'm so proud of my little graduate. She has excelled and matured so much this year and I owe a lot of that to her amazing teacher Mrs. Brown.Wecouldn't have asked for a better school experience and I know that was one of the reasons we were supposed to be here in AZ. There were so many reasons for us to be in Arizona. We made great friends, our family was tested and strengthened,and Brighton needed to meet Mrs. Brown. She is an inspiring teacher and I found myself getting emotional when saying goodbye to her. Brighton lost it as well when saying goodbye. She turned to me, broke down, and said "Mom, I just love Mrs. Brown so much." After consoling and saying one last extra goodbye, Mrs. Brown promised to be pen pals, which eased Brighton's mind a little. Anyway, it was a long, emotionally and physically draining day (remember we had to finish packing our car up for our long journey) and I just can't believe Brighton is going to be a first grader next year. We love her and all she's accomplished. Here's to the next year of adventures!
The refreshments that followed the graduation ceremony. It was so sweet of Mrs. Brown to plan such an event.


The big girl walking up to receive her diploma.


The proud family (you can tell Porter's really proud).


Brighton and her 2 best friends in kindergarten, Susie and Madilyn. These 2 girls were so sweet and Brighton will really miss them.


I seriously couldn't have survived these past few months if it weren't for this girl. Amy(Susie's mom) has been such a great friend during these trying times. Packing and handling the kids has been a difficult task for me lately and she's the type of friend that will take your kids without question and bend over backwards for you in order to help out when she sees you struggling. Thanks so much Amy for everything!

No comments: