Friday, July 22, 2011

Eavesdropping


Do you ever just eavesdrop on your kids? Maybe I'm a bad mom for doing it and I'm sure my kids will HATE it when I do it in their adolescent years, but I love listening to their little conversations. For example, the other day I could hear them in Brighton's room when she said, "It goes like this Porter.... I'd like to bear my testimony"
Then you could hear Porter's little voice say "Testimony."
Brighton starts again, "I know the church is true."
Porter says, "Church is true."
Brighton goes on, "I know that we can live with Heavenly Father again if we make good choices."
P says, "Good choices."
B says, "I know we can be sealed to our families and live with them forever in the temple."
P says, "Ever in the temple."
B says, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
P says, "Amen."
Then Brighton goes on to tell Porter that he can go sit down now. After this interaction, I looked in her room and saw all of her stuffed animals sitting lined up on her bed next to an observant-looking Porter while she was standing up in front of them about to give them her testimony. She had recreated a testimony meeting. I honestly almost burst into tears, it was such a sweet little moment. I guess she does pay attention at church sometimes.

5 comments:

Lizanne said...

That is probably the sweetest thing I have ever heard! What a sweet big sister! I would have been tearing up too!

Jessica said...

Heavenly Father really trusts us with SO much when he sends His little ones to us! What a sweet story, thanks for sharing!

Travis and Heather said...

It is encouraging to feel like maybe they hear every 100th word out of ours--or other people's mouths. What a sweet sweet love! Bless us to have good oldest children, they are such a driving life source for everyone that follows them!

Paige said...

Hey Danie, it's Paige (cousin BJ's wife). We were wondering if you wouldn't mind sending us two pictures from the family reunion. One of the whole crew in the red shirts and then the one that you took just of the Smathers clan. You can email it to him at billie.smathers@gmail.com. That would be so wonderful! Thanks!

Paige said...

oh and by the way, this is the sweetest story ever! You have amazing kids!