Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Bloodgusher

I have been a little hesitant to announce this publicly on my blog for fear that I wouldn't actually go through with it and have to explain myself to the blogging world, but now is as good a time as any. I have been training for a Marathon. My friend Jenny, and I have been training and plan on traveling to Washington to do the Seattle Marathon. We are really excited/nervous about it. Right now is about our half way mark for training and there was a local 1/2 marathon called the Bloodgusher 1/2, so I decided to do it. It was yesterday and if I could use one word to describe it, it would be...windy. Midland is not known for it's rolling hills. In fact, we are known to have no hills for miles (You can see the airport from our house which is about 15 miles out of town). The race was right outside of town, so there was absolutely nothing blocking the horrible wind which we were running into. I couldn't even hear my music the wind was so loud! It was brutal, but I got my "2nd wind" so to speak on the way back, probably because I was going with the wind instead of against it. Anyway, long story short, I finished. I got my best time. On to the next race (In Seattle June 26th!). Kyle got this cheesy action shot. Obviously I don't look too awesome after 13 miles of running. I couldn't have done it without my cheerleading squad rooting me on!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my! That is so AWESOME!! I ran a 5K once, it about killed me. i am definitely not a runner and sure admire those that can do it! Especially a marathon. I will be cheering for you! Good luck

Clarissa Meegan said...

You did it! You did it!! 1/2 way there...literally! You're my hero!

Sarah and Mike said...

Good work ! I've got to make sure Mike doesn't see this post brcause it will just emphasize what aslacker I am>

THE LEWIS' said...

nice work on the 1/2. so you so have to do do the relay race with me next time. i really want to try the one in utah. also dont you love the race shots, they always make you look like death. good luck on the marathon though. cant wait to hear how it goes.

Kate! said...

wow! good work danie! you guys look like you've having a grand time in texas. loves. PS June 26th is bubs' wedding!!

Keri said...

Danie, that is so awesome! I literally heard the chariots of fire soundtrack playing in my head when I saw that action shot. I am so glad you guys seem to be doing so well, Brighton is the cutest little ballerina- Livie saw those pictures and got a little jealous. Love to you all!