Monday, May 11, 2009

A belated Mother's Day Tribute

Last week I got a knock on my door and when I opened it, these beautiful flowers were there! I thought they could possibly be from Kyle but it was still like a week until mother's day, so my second thought which turned out to be correct was that my on-top-of-everything-weeks-in-advance mother was the culprit. Then I thought "aren't I supposed to be the one doing something for my mother? Shouldn't this be the other way around?" When I called my mom to say thanks and what's up with that, she said that I'm a mom too and I deserve it. That's the type of person my mom is. Constantly thinking of others without a second thought of herself. She is the best, most caring and loving person I know. I really was lucky enough to be raised by such a great person. She always put us kids first and her desires and wants were always on the backburner. I only hope to be as kind, thoughtful, and selfless as she has always been to everyone around her. Thanks so much mom for your constant example to be a better person. I love and miss you! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Your description of your mother is point ON! I too admire your Mom for constantly thinking ahead and remember everyone. She should work for Hallmark since she's kept them in business since the day I met her....hum wasn't that almost 30 years ago....

Your comments brought me to tears, it was heartfelt and true.