Monday, February 23, 2009

AF Trip

So I've been in a bit of a rut and haven't gotten around to posting for a little while so, I'm sorry to all my avid readers. Anyway, Brighton, Porter, and I went up to American Fork with Casey (Sister-in-law) for a few weeks. We were able to stay at Casey's sister-in-law, Abby and her husband Tylor which was great! They were great hosts and we had a lot of fun getting to know them. Brighton was obsessed with Abby. B was her little buddy while we were there. It was pretty fun and there were plenty of things to do there. We went to the new Draper Temple Open House and Brighton loved it. The whole time we went through, she kept saying "Mom, I'm going to get married here!" Loved it. Here is a pic of me with the kids in the chapel next to the temple where they had a whole art gallery set up. Here's Abby with Brighton on our bus ride to the temple. Brighton was seriously her shadow the whole time. Also, we were up there for Valentine's Day and Kyle surprised us by having Casey take us to Krispy Kreme (My favorite place in the WORLD!) Brighton got a special heart donut from daddy and thought it was the coolest. She also loved watching the conveyer belt take the donuts around. As you can see below, we stuffed our faces!

We also got to hang out with lots of family including Landon, Annie, and Uncle Will. We went to an indoor water park which Brighton thought was pretty fun. Keri, Dan and Livi came to visit as well, which was so good to see them right before their new baby is due, and Brighton loved having a little girl (Livi) to play with.
We also got to see a lot of cousins we normally don't see. Here's a pic of Grandma and Grandpa with lots of the grandkids at Zachary's blessing. From left to right there's Camberly holding Porter, Brighton and Alexandria on Grandpa's lap. Alea next to Grandpa, then Grandma holding Zachary and Jacob. The blessing was great and it good to see Marshall, Melissa (who have lived in England for the last 3-4 years) and their kids, and Val and Alexandria (who just moved to Virginia). It's not often that we see everyone so it was a real treat to have everyone together. We miss everyone already!


It was a fun trip and really enjoyable to visit family and friends, but it's good to get back to normal life and get my kids back on a schedule!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Sounds like fun. I used to live in American Fork before we moved to Boise. Im pretty sure we have been to that cool swimming place too. Isnt it awesome? I wish we had one here. Looks like you had a great time. Your kids are adorable and by the way, I LOVE crispy creme donuts too-so good!

scott said...

Cute pictures Danie! Hey I was wondering if you could send me your address. I want to send you guys a baby announcement. Send it to: ashleygower1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Krispy Kremes...takes me back to the crazy monkey dance in the Provo restaurant. Good memories...