Friday, April 29, 2011

B's B-Day

I've been sick this past week and unfortunately, Brighton's birthday suffered the consequences. Normally I love making a homemade cake and decorating and making birthdays a super special event, but this year it just didn't happen. I went out and bought an ice cream cake (which ended up being a bigger treat for B because her friend Gracie had one for her birthday and that's all she has talked about since.) and we just gave her her present. Luckily, she's still young enough to be super excited by the little things because that seemed to be a big enough event for her. All she has asked for for months is a Rapunzel doll and when she opened it up she started hyperventilating. She was so happy and it was worth it just to see the look on her face.
Oh, and we were able to make it to the drive-in one last time which she will always be over the moon about, so I guess the day turned out to be a good one. We really just got to spend a lot of family time together which is good enough for us. I just love our little girl and can't believe she's actually 5!



Do you love the slightly crossed-eyes? I can't take a picture without her being goofy lately!

2 comments:

MathisFam said...

I can't believe she is 5! Happy Late Birthday to Brighton! Carson still talks about playing with Brighton back in the day. I should be able to believe that Brighton is 5 because Carson is almost 7 and Austin is almost 2. Time flies. I really miss talking to you we should talk soon.

Jessica said...

She looks so grown up! What a FANTASTIC 5th birthday!