Sunday, April 18, 2010

He's got Balls

I never really understood the difference when it came to raising little girls versus little boys until Porter turned about a year old. He already knew how to throw (Brighton has yet to learn that skill) and he is much wilder than she ever could be. Girls must just be daintier. Another complete 'boyism' of his is that he is obsessed with balls. One of his first words was 'ball' and he hasn't stopped saying it since. He literally walks around with a ball in each hand. In fact, I caught him doing this the other day...

The only problem I see is which sport is he going to choose to play?

3 comments:

marcie said...

THAT'S HILARIOUS!

Ben is requiring that he sleeps with two cars- one in each hand, but I do attempt to stop him at putting them in his mouth!!

I honestly can't even imagine how different raising a boy must be from a girl, because I've been so immersed in "boy" stuff, I can't fathom what pink and tutu's and barbies are like all day long, instead of cars, dirt, and non-stop energy.

Annie Hatch said...

It is sooo true, well about the boy part anyway! Landon was (is) the same way.

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

He would be best friends with my Charlie because we have the same thing at our house! He plays baseball, soccer, football, golf, you name it he can do it...if there is a ball involved:) Boys just gravitate towards those things I guess, it's good I'm having another boy so he has someone to play with.