Tuesday, October 13, 2009

He's Uno

So I said I would post about all our fun festivities for Porter's birthday and here they are. Having the language abilitlies that I do, I thought we could have a cultural first birthday so the theme was...Uno. I know you're impressed right? I made an uno card birthday cake for him(easiest cake ever obviously!) and some uno numbered cupcakes for everyone else. I even made him an uno shirt using my freezer paper stenciling skills. We had some friends over and planned on actually playing uno, but we ended up talking the night away instead. It was a fun evening had by all and Porter loved the whole thing as you can clearly see in the pictures and video.My creative side coming out. Ridiculous right? But these were super easy so you can't go wrong! He literally dove head first into his cake. I really don't know why it took him so long to figure out he could pick it up, but it was very entertaining. The finished product... a very sugar-filled happy one-year-old!
He loved the candle on his cake. I think we've got a pyromaniac in the making on our hands.

5 comments:

marcie said...

I love your theme! And his shirt-- seriously you should sell those because the boy birthday shirts are always far and few between, and your idea is awesome!

And that picture of his face in the cake is HILARIOUS :)

Annie Hatch said...

Love it! Everything turned out super cute! I wish we could have been there to help him celebrate. Him diving into his cake is too funny!

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

Happy Birthday! That is so exciting that he is one already:) They grow up so fast don't they.

Leslie said...

Cute/Hilarious exploration of the theme, Dani! I can't believe that little Porter is already one. Dang, time flies!!

P.S. I might have told you this before but I LOVE your header picture. That is SO adorable.

Jo said...

Hey! Glad to see that Porter had a good birthday. I love (this part) of technology where we can keep up with your family.
Cedar has been beautiful lately but cold a few days already.
We miss you guys.

Jo and Albert