Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Working Women



So today was my first day substitute teaching! I signed up to do it for the school year in the Anchorage school district area since we'll be here in Alaska for that time period and Kyle is working evenings. When time overlaps and we both have to work, it's nice to have grandma and grandpa here to be happy to take her!
Well, subbing was a fun experience and it's definitely different than student teaching! It was nice to get back in the schools again. The crazy thing is that I subbed at the brand new school in Eagle River and half of my teachers from high school work there so it was like dejavue. I actually subbed for a teacher I knew in elementary school! It was a humbling and surreal experience. Well life is good and busy here and we love it! Oh and here's a couple pictures of Brighton in her element. Thought you might like them! She's working the camera like I was working the students today! Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Clarissa Meegan said...

So, is Danie one of those Nazi subs that makes them work harder than the real teacher, or is she the one that brings the accordian?

Pat