Wednesday, February 28, 2007
We just wanted to wish our great friend Patrick Meegan a Happy Birthday! Today (well, the 29th actually) was his special day! We wanted to reminicse for a minute and show what we did one year ago today. We had a little party for him while Brighton was still in the belly! Gracie was still a baby, while now she's a toddler. And, you'll notice the Paul doll we included (How could you forget something like that?!) If only we had one of those dolls for each of our friends when we got lonely! Well, we miss the Meegans along with all our other friends we gained at BYU- Idaho and hope everyone is doing well.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
Well, we had a rough President's day weekend. Brighton started getting really cranky on Friday. By Sunday evening she had a fever of 102 and had been throwing up (which is out of the ordinary for her) and had diarrhea. At 2:00 in the morning, she started screaming at the top of her lungs and ended up having a temperature of 104.2
Needless to say, we were kinda freaking out. So we called our doctor and she let us know it was a viral infection and she could be teething even more. Today her temp. went down which gave us a relief, but she has still been kinda beastly. Hopefully she'll be better soon!
Anyway, I posted this pic because speaking of teething, Brighton has gotten a ton of teeth and I don't have any great pics of them but you can kind of see the two bottom ones in this pic. Now she has 4 and 2 more coming in! I'll have to take another pic so all the other ones can be seen. As you can see, she not only loves to flash her 2 pearly whites, she also loves to splash in the tub!
Friday, February 16, 2007
So last weekend we decided to take the inaugural hike with our of new baby backpack. It was pretty fun! We found a trail that lead to waterfall, but on the way back we decided to go "off the beaten path" and hike up this hill. The snow was pretty high when we left the trail as you can see in Kyle's picture. It went all the way up to his thighs and my waist! Anyway it was a ton of fun and a memorable activity for us to start with our kids! Brighton will definitely be an outdoor baby! We can't wait for the summer when she can walk!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
1. Before I met Kyle, I hated feet with a passion. I couldn't have anyone touch my feet and I hated to touch them myself! I thought feet were the grossest thing in the world, but I realized I had to get used to them when I got married, so now I'm okay.
2. I have this paranoia that my eyelashes are the shortest in the world. I can't leave the house without making sure they're curled.
3. When it comes to chips I have a certain eating order. I have to eat the smallest chip to the largest. It's like the last one is the biggest reward. I know it's pretty lame.
4. When I was in high school, I didn't shave for an entire summer! I boycotted it and as a result I saved a lot of time but also as a result, I didn't get many dates! What a gross way to take a stand!
5. I am very open when it comes to burping or farting. My philosophy is that if you say "Excuse me", it makes everything okay. I'm sorry that I'm a sicko, but it's true and I'm sure a few of you out there can attest to it.
6. This is probably the worst of all, but I get a kick out of people getting hurt. America's Funniest Home Videos is my favorite show and I love watching the many people get pummled with baseball bats or falling off their skateboards. I keep telling Brighton she's going to earn her college fund by doing something funny and catching it on video so we can win the money on the show. It's messed up but everyone has their wierd quirks right? And I was definitely dealt with my fair share of them!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
I'll tell you where the love is! It's in Eagle River, AK! Kyle did a great job this Valentine's day. First off, I've been working these past 2 weeks so today I had to get up early. He got up with me and actually made me pink Valentines blueberry pancakes! They were even in the shape of hearts! Next on the list of fun things in the spirit of the day, he made Brighton pink oatmeal for breakfast. It was a fun tradition to start. Also, Kyle spoiled me with chocolates (which is my vice!). He was so good to us! We love him and wanted him to know it!